Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Resolutions and Goals





Well, it is finally all over! Christmas was an absolute whirlwind this year. My many thanks to all my customers for their business this past year. My business has grown beyond my wildest expectations and I have all of you to thank!

So on to the New Year...My mother says that New Years Day is her favorite day of the year because everything is bright, sparkly, new and full of promise. That is certainly the way that I am feeling this year! As some of you know I went through what I call "the dark days" with one of my sons this past year and I have to confess at some points I did not think our family would survive intact. We did, all seems well and I believe we are all stronger for the experience. I just had to keep reminding myself how incredibly lucky we were in many ways and I think this attitude kept me from drowning. This year bodes well with him and the other children and I am greatly blessed. Just a sidenote to other teen moms - Keep the faith. This too shall pass...

The New Year looks bright for my business as well! I have many new goals. I plan to get organized (not an easy task for me as my friends can attest), CLEAN THE STUDIO, promote my business, update my website, write on my blog at least once a week, get started on getting my certification with Professional Photographers of America, continue educating myself in photography and photoshop and basically bring this studio up to be bigger and better. I bought several new props for the new year and have alot of ideas so I cannot wait to get started.
Here are a few detailed goals:
1) Double my sessions from last year
2) Two Year Plan - Certification from PPA
3) Devote 3-4 hours every week to education
4) Continue my charity work with NILMDTS
5) Implement several systems into my studio for a better workflow and organization
6) Market and Promote my Business

I hope all of you had a great Holiday and New Year. May the upcoming year shower you with blessings and may you appreciate each and every one of them.

I am posting a few of photos from the past year. I hope you love them as much as I do!

No comments: