Saturday, February 20, 2010

Why you should....




Hey Everyone!
I received a text from a friend of mine the other day and it really made me stop and think. It said as follows:

Four Things You Can't Recover
1) The stone after the throw
2) The word after it is said
3) The occasion after it is missed
4) The time after it is gone.

Wow! This is just so true and part of the reason that I love photography. While it does not bring the time back, it can freeze it so that you can revisit it from time to time.
I have a customer who always said how she wanted to bring her mother and have photos done of the family. I ran into her over Christmas and she started crying the minute I saw her and told me that her mother had passed away the previous week and how much she regretted the fact that she never could seem to find the time to come in for the photos.

When my first son was a newborn, he had hair that was just like my fathers. He had monk hair...you know the kind that is all around the sides but lacking on the top. I always wanted a photo made of the backs of their heads together. I never did and eighteen years later I still regret it!

Don't let this happen to you! If you have been wanting a particular photo, please, PLEASE stop what you are doing and take it now. Even if you don't come to me, just take it yourself. BUT take it!!
Of course if you want to come to me (and I highly recommend it..lol), mention this blog and receive $25 off of your print order! Now you have NO excuse at all! I will see you all soon!

In the meantime, I am including a couple of recent favorite photos.

By the way, Monday night is Southern Stars night at Chili's. Please join me at the Chili's on South Hartman Drive from 4-9. Southern S*T*A*R*S provide therapeutic and recreational horseback riding programs for individuals with special needs. If you come and see me I will give you a $25 print credit toward any future session in the next three months!! Yippee!!

See you soon!

amy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww it's my sweet baby!