Saturday, August 28, 2010

I need you!!!


Hey all! I wanted to forward a letter I received from Cameron's mom. I think it best describes how much your help is needed in the continued fight against muscular dystrophy.
"Dear Wilson County Jailbird,
MDA needs you!
Wilson County needs you!!

We understand that it is easier to ask a man for his daughter's hand in marriage than it is to ask for donations. We also understand that the economy is rough and money is tight. However, the economy does not change the lives of all that are affected by MD: but YOU can!

MDA has changed my family's life. You see, my son Cameron, was diagnosed with Duchenne Musscular Dystrophy seven years ago and jailbirds like yourself and lock-ups like the one you are participating in help with his future.

You may ask yourself, "How can I make a difference?" $74 pays for one minute of research. Now a minute may not seem like a lot, until that miute that they find a cure for one of over forty different types of MD. On the same note, $30 pays for a flu shot. Something simple like the flu can be detrimental to a child with special needs. Every year, MDA hosts a camp for MD children with no costs to the parents. This is a time where my son and countless others, all with limitations, get to live life with no limits. Vanderbilt hosts the MD clinics for the Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky patients. These clinics are funded by donations from Middle TN. You see, all the money that is raised here...stays here. Let me tell you, that information allows me peace at night.

Now having said all this, I know you are ready to conquer this lock up and raise your bail; and for this I am grateful.

Cameron and I look forward to meeting you at the lock-up and we thank you in advance for your time and effoerts.

Kendra Hicks

P.S. Enclosed is a picture of Cameron who is a member of one of the NINETY FAMILIES the Muscular Dystrophy Assoc. serves in WILSON COUNTY."

Did you get the end?? NINETY FAMILIES in WILSON COUNTY.

Please help me raise money for Cameron, for this cause and for all those like him here in Wilson County. Let's rally together and try to extend the lives of these children!

Click https://www.joinmda.org/lebanontn2010/arphotography to make a donation. Remember anyone who donates $150 will receive a FREE session at the studio!

I am including a photo of Cameron and his sister. Not only does this disease affect Cameron and his parents but it affects siblings as well.
Thanks!
amy

No comments: