Friday, May 27, 2011

My baby turns 18...

Eighteen years and one day ago I brought into the world my little Blakey Boo Boo Boo.   He was born with a head full of curls, the most perfect eyebrows and a smile as bright as the sun.   He was the most soft hearted child you can imagine.  I remember once when we were at a recital and all four of my sons had balloons.  Nicholas' balloon popped and Blake let him have his even though I knew how much he wanted that balloon.  He loved Nicholas so much and would walk around telling everyone that he had a baby and his baby had blue eyes.  Every time he saw another child he would whisper to me that "our baby is cuter".
Blakey saw a Christmas Ornament when he was three.  It was all glass and he thought it was beautiful.  I remember it was a lot of money but I bought it for him because he loved it so.  We dropped it on the way out of the store and it shattered into a million pieces.  Blake was heart broken.  It always tore me apart when he would cry because he would have these huge perfect tears rolling down his face.  Needless to say I bought him another and he spent the entire Christmas admiring the way it would sparkle on the tree. 
Blake would always bring me something home from school.  It may be a pretty string he found on the playground or something shiny he found in the hall but he managed to find me a present every day. 
Today his smile is somewhat shyer and although I know he is still so very soft hearted he tries to hide it behind a shell of indifference.  He keeps his curls cut very short and hides out in his room an awful lot but he is still my sweet angel, Blakey Boo Boo Boo.
Today I celebrate his birth and I celebrate his life.   Happy Birthday my Blake!  I love you with all my heart!

No comments: