Sunday, September 21, 2008

Another one about time.....


Every once in a while you will run across a picture that will bring you to your knees. This is one such picture. It's not a very great one. It is just your typical Easter photo - I probably didn't think it was anything special at the time. Just the kids on the swing at Grannys where we held our annual Easter Egg hunt. Now I look at these bright smiling beautiful young faces and wonder where the time went.

Has it really been that long ago? So much has changed. Granny is gone, Chelsey is in college, Alex shaves, Evan is in third grade and the smiles seem so much harder to come by.

Stumbling upon this picture after a particularly agonizing month of homework, attitude and teenage angst brought me to tears.

I hope I cherished this moment seven years ago. I wish I could go back. I wish I could go back just for a minute and kiss those sweet brows and hold those dimpled hands. Oh God, how I miss them, loved them, love them still and always. My sweet little babies - my joy and my life.


"WE'VE HAD SUCH BAD LUCK WITH CHILDREN, THEY'VE ALL GROWN UP."

~ Christopher Morley

No comments: