Tuesday, October 6, 2009

When photographers get on the other side of the camera





Hey Everyone!
Sorry it has been a while since I have written. There has been so much going on that as usual my head is spinning.
Last week I got together with two of my photographer friends, Janice and Heather, because Heather and I needed a headshot for an article about NILMDTS. (www.NILMDTS.org). Now keep in mind we are all professional photographers but obviously we have no idea how to be on the other side of the cameara. We were like three lost puppies. We kept standing there with a dumb look on our faces asking each other how to pose. Now I pose people at the studio all day long but for some reason I had NO idea how to go about posing myself. It was just so funny how totally helpless we all became. Now I know why I SHOOT the photos!
I am also including a photo from a couple of shoots that I have done recently. I know that I am WAY behind on the postings but bear with me! I am looking to hire someone and that should free up my time somewhat!
One photo is from a fairy shoot that I did with Ms. C. and another is from Baby T.'s six month shoot. I may throw in a couple more when I start uploading them.

Don't forget the Halloween Free Shoot that I am doing on Saturday, October 31st. I will be opening the studio from 10-7 for everyone to come by, grab a treat and have a free 4x6 photo taken. The photos will be available for pick up the next weekend. YES! The shoot is free and the 4x6 photo is free so please stop by and see me!

October is the month I will be teaming up with the Smile Train (www.SmileTrain.org) charity. The Smile Train raises money to help children born with cleft palates get the surgeries they need in order to lead happy productive lives. One of my customers, Andelyn, was born with a cleft palate and she has been lucky enough to have received several surgeries. It is such a worthy cause and I am going to donate $25 of every session booked in the month of October to the Smile Train. If you book during Octoberfest I will donate 100% of that session fee to the charity. I hope all of you will join me in supporting this wonderful cause.

Well, that is it for now! Thanks to all of you for listening to me ramble!
amy

No comments: