Monday, April 20, 2009

Just Random


Hey everyone!
My birthday is Wednesday so I have just been sitting here musing on where in the world has the time gone? (Okay, I am avoiding studying for the CPP..I admit it!) I began this business a little over a year ago. I started out setting up in my mom's embroidery business in Hermitage. I would set up my backgrounds there and that is where people would come to have their photos made. They threw my out before too long (lol) and I built the studio in my home. As all of you know, I have quickly outgrown it but it is just going to have to work for a while. (Of course if I would just quit buying more props!!) One of my very first customers came to me when her baby was just a couple of weeks old and now she is eighteen months! I am including here a photo of a four month old baby. I did her mom's maternity photos and it just seems like I did them yesterday! If time keeps going this quickly I will be walking with a cane any day now.
Watching all of the babies come through the studio makes time seem to fly even more. They come in one week and they are newborns. I turn around and I am completing their baby panels. You babys have got to slow down!!!! Stop growing up so quickly!
Another thing that has emphasized the passing of time has been my current addiction to Facebook. I have re-connected with so many friends that I have not seen in *** years!! (you didn't think I was going to tell you, did you?) I found my old roommate from college, several high school friends and even childhood playmates. We have been getting together for dinners and what nots and it is amazing how we just fall right back into the old dynamics like no time has passed at all. (Of course to fully believe that we would all have to wear blinders as we don't quite look the same). Once we get past the catching up it is as if we have never fallen out of each other's lives and I am left wondering why did we allow that to happen in the first place? I mean these are some great people! I love these people! Why did I let so many years go by without even a word? I can't tell you that but I can tell you that I am going to try hard to maintain the connections. The people who know your history and like you anyway are the best friends to have!
Well enough of my ramblings! Go out and get on facebook!
amy

No comments: