Saturday, July 18, 2009

New Beginnings and Sad Endings






I know that I have not written in a while and I am sorry. I have been trying to do better but sometimes life just throws you into a whirlwind and it is all you can do to hang on for the ride.
The past few weeks have been full of great things and sadness. As you all know I am opening my new studio soon. The Grand Opening is set for August 1st from 4-8pm. The location is 706 West Main Street in Lebanon right at the intersection of West Main and Castle Heights. I hope you will all be able to make it out to see me! I am very excited and have been overwhelmed with trying to get furnishings, measuring for curtains, deciding on photos to hang etc. Things are good there!

This has also been a time of sadness. This past Sunday I was called out to do a NILMDTS shoot at Vanderbilt Hospital. While I was there the nurses called me over and said they had another baby pass away and asked if I could also give that family the gift photographing their baby. Of course I agreed so I did back to back NILMDTS shoots. It was very sad. Those sweet little angels were so tiny, perfect and precious. I want to say a special "Thank You!" to my friend and fellow photographer, Heather who helped me out by doing the editing for me.

Also this past week a dear friend passed away and I am still reeling from the blow. It just seems so unreal still. The question of "Why" just keeps bouncing around in my head and while I know there are no answers for me I just can't stop asking.

More good news....today I went to see a friend's baby at the hospital. Baby Aspen is just beautiful and perfect beyond belief. While I was there I ran into one of my customers and she had her baby yesterday too. He was sound asleep and so adorably cute when I peeked in on him. Congratulations to these families and also to Kinsey who had her son on Monday. It looks like I will be very busy in a couple of weeks taking some newborn photos....at my NEW STUDIO!! Whoo Hoo!!

I guess for everything that is taken away there is something born into place. On Sunday I photographed two babies who returned to heaven and today I was blessed to see two babies who had just arrived from there. The circle of life continues.

I am including a couple of photos from some shoots I have done in the past week or so. I am way behind on posting these and I have alot more shoots I need to post but I will hopefully get to that soon.

I hope to see you all on August 1st. Mark your calendars!
amy

No comments: