Friday, June 6, 2008

Hi Again!
Those of you who keep up with my blog know that I am involved with the NILMDTS (Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep) Foundation. This is a foundation where professional photographers volunteer their time and resources to families who are dealing with infant bereavement. When we are contacted we go to the hospital and do a photo session with the baby and the family. There is no charge and we provide a CD of fully edited photos that the family can have printed.
This past week I had my first session as a volunteer and I am truly humbled by the experience. I met baby I. when I was called by the hospital at her mother's request. She was a beautiful little angel who left this world too soon. I will never forget her nor the experience that I had meeting her and her family.
If you are a photographer and would like to be involved, please contact the foundation at www.NILMDTS.org. If you are someone who has dealt with infant bereavement personally, our website has so much support and help that you are certain to have some of your sorrow lifted.
If you are interested in making a donation to the foundation you may do that through the website as well.
Please pray for the family of I. to receive peace and comfort. While baby I. is free from the pains of this world her family is left stricken and grieving. I pray that the Lord blesses them and keeps him, lifts His countenance upon them and brings them peace.

"You make a living by what you get....you make a life by what you give." - Sir Winston Churchill

No comments: