Saturday, July 5, 2008

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!




Hi Everyone! I hope all of you had a fantastic Fourth of July!


I have been very lazy this past week and I have also had a virus of some sort...ugh..no fun!


July is going to be a very busy month for me! I will be shooting two weddings, going out of town for a few days and I will be attending a couple of seminars! Sometimes it is all I can do to catch my breath! I will also be going out of town again the first few days of August.




Today was a good day! My mom made homemade ice cream and we sat out on the porch swing with the kids eating ice cream. It reminded me of simpler times.




I won a contest with a scrapbook page that I made about our swings. The contest was for a page of your favorite vacation spot and I chose to do it on our swings. Here is what I wrote:


"My favorite vacation spot is not far away. My spot is the two swings on my back porch. On spring afternoons I love to sit there and read a book. This is where I come to escape the laundry and the dishes, the petty arguments and the bickering. Swinging and daydreaming I can calmly sort through the problems that have recently crossed my path.


On summer evenings the children often come and join me and these are some of our closest moments. We swing, tell jokes and laugh, getting to know one another a little better.


Is it glamorous like a trip to Europe? No. Is it beautiful like Jamaica? Maybe not, but we have some mighty fine sunset views of our own there. Is it as fun as a trip to Disney World? You'd better believe it!


There is something about swinging, the entire group of us sitting in a circle. It is a time that the boys rarely fight, where all battle lines are surrendered and peace reigns.


It is a getaway like no other. Want to know the best part? While these vacations are absolutely priceless, they don't cost me a dime!"




I have included a photo of me winning the prize. I am the one holding the basket of goodies and the person from the company is holding my page. I cannot remember the company that gave away the prize but they were touring the country and stopping at scrapbook stores where they would hold contests.
I have also included a photo of a senior shoot I did recently. You can't tell it here but we were actually on the RR track in this photo.




Anyway, please don't forget it you have a senior it is time for taking those senior photos! Call and book now!




Have a great rest of the weekend!


Amy

No comments: